I am a teacher of Capoeira and teach children from the age of 4 years old. The group is also providing workshops for schools, universities and private groups. Get in touch at email@example.com for more information.
What is this Capoeira? Is it a play, dance or maybe fight? The answer is as interesting as Capoeira itself, because it is an activity that contains all these elements, and their proportions depend to a large extent on what we ourselves are looking for in this art and on our character and temperament. An experienced trainer will develop the skills of the participants in each of these aspects, with particular emphasis on the natural predispositions of the participant. That is especially taken place at our family classes to make the class as open, interactive and interesting for the whole family as possible.
This culture from Brazil attracts people not only with its sport aspect, but also with the culture of Brazil, the language, music and traditions of this colourful country.
Benefits of Capoeira training:
– improves physical development
– develops group work for children
– shapes perseverance
– sharpens features such as reflexes and reaction time and decision-making
– teaches that the fall is not a reason to feel shame, but a natural step on the road to development
– teaches responsibility for your actions and movements
– it is a sport for everyone and everyone can play with each other, children with adults, women with men, building respect for others and themselves- builds friendships and community
How to prepare?
Put on a loose, sporty outfit and remember about water bottle! Shoes are not necessary, because Capoeira can be exercised barefoot. You can also bring some snacks for the little ones.
When and where are the classes?
Age 4-6 Monday at 3:30pm at North Merchiston Club, 48 Watson Crescent, EH11 1EP
Age 7+ Thursday at 4:30pm at North Merchiston Club, 48 Watson Crescent, EH11 1EP
Age 11+ Thursday at 5:45pm at North Merchiston Club, 48 Watson Crescent, EH11 1EP
How to book?
Please register with Kasia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07896483226.